HTML 5 is basically a next generation of HTML. The previous versions of HTML (HTML, HTML 4.01) were introduced in 1999. After that, a lot of changes have been made in the web. HTML 5 is still in working process. But many main browsers still support HTML 5 elements and API’s.
How it get started:
HTML 5 is basically cooperation between World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG). Initially, WHATWG was working with web application (web forms). On the other W3C was working with XHTML 2.0. But later they decided to collaborate and work as a team for new version of HTML.
After that, some rules for HTML 5 were established. Here are these rules:
Some New Rules For HTML 5 Are:
- All the new features will be based on HTML, CSS, DOM and Java Script.
- In HTML5, there will be a reduction of external plug-ins (like flash).
- It will handle different errors effectively and efficiently.
- It will have more mark ups to replace scripting.
- It will be device independent.
- Its development process will be visible to the public.
But with the passage of time, some new features are also introduced in HTML 5.
Some New Features Introduced In HTML 5 Are:
- For 2D drawing, it has <canvas> element feature.
- For media playback it has <audio> and <video> elements.
- It has also support for local storage.
- It has some new content-specific elements such as <article>, <header>, <footer>, <nav>, <section> etc.
- It has also some new forms of control such as date, time, email, search, URL etc.
But it is not yet an official standard. At the moment, there is no browser who has full HTML 5 support. However, all the main browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer are trying hard to add new features of HTML 5 to their latest and updated versions.
HTML 5 <! DOCTYPE>:
Currently HTML 5 has only one DOCTYPE declaration. But this declaration is pretty simple.
<! DOCTYPE html>
Minimum HTML 5 Document:
The minimum HTML 5 document has the following data.
<! DOCTYPE html>
<title> document title </title>
<body> content of the document </body>
HTML 5 Role In Search Engine Optimization
Html 5 is also claimed to be helpful for the Search Engine Optimization as well, but since its implementation is quite limited that’s why there is very little in news about it, but hopefully we will be having more information soon about how html 5 is affecting the search industry.
In short html 5 is a revolutionary up gradation for the html language. It’s is getting very popular with time, Youtube as an example, has started to provide a flash alternate in form of html 5 player and more and more companies are adapting it. With time it will prove if it can completely replace the old versions and flash or not.
Author Bio: The article is written by Randy Lewis, the marketing manager for Classic PDF Editor, which specializes in the PDF conversion and PDF Editing features. If You Wish To Write Articles For Whitec0de Magazine, then Click Here.