Smartphones are versatile and handy to many. Smartphones are a blend of cell phones, computers and gaming consoles in a portable, easy-to-handle device. You can browse the internet and manage your entertainment on the go. To get onboard the bandwagon, leading manufacturers are coming up with cutting-edge smart phones for the users.
Sony is one of the leading smartphone manufacturers in the country. They manufacture some of the best smart phones, and are an instant hit among users. The varying phone models combined with assorted features has made Sony Xperia one of the favorite phones among users. If you are a Sony Xperia ARC S user, you can now upgrade your device with the latest firmware. By rooting your device, you can install custom ROMs and any app that requires rooting access!
Before you upgrade your smart phone, check on the following pre-requisites:
- A reliable internet connection, backed up with good USB connectivity.
- Battery power of over 50% is required on your Sony phone.
- Any security should be disabled on the phone or computer to avoid any annoyance while you upgrade the phone.
- Ensure you get a solid back-up for your phone’s data.
- Go to settings > Security and choose the unknown sources. Deselect USB debugging after everything is complete.
- Choose the MSC mode by going to Settings > Xperia connectivity and USB connection mode.
To root Sony Xperia ARC S with the latest ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- The latest Flashtool and kernel version has to be downloaded on your PC or laptop.
- Go to the “C:” drive once the download is completed. Choose firmware in the Flashtool. Paste the kernel in it after deleting the existing data.
- Run the Flashtool and click on the icon flashing on the left side of your screen. Choose the Flash mode and click OK.
- Follow the instruction that appears on the screen and click OK.
- Using a USB cable, connect your smart phone to the computer. Ensure there are no apps running during the rooting procedure. When you start the process, the Sony logo appears on the screen. This means the process is on. Don’t close before the rooting is complete.
- Once the rooting gets done, the smart phone reboots automatically. If the phone is not rooted, follow the steps again carefully.
Have fun with the countless apps available to you once you root your phone.
Remember that ARC S does not undertake rooting methods. You can root at your own risk.
This article has been brought to you by www.dishtvoffer.com – the leader in innovation providing the best Dish TV network services. If You Wish To Write Articles For Whitec0de Magazine, then Click Here.