After quite a time Google has come up with another web application. Google Helpouts allow people to use their knowledge to help others. This service is video based, and you can help people via video/ live streaming. The best part is that you can earn from Google Helpouts. In this article we will teach you what Google Helpout is and how you can use it.
This How-to tutorial of Google Helpouts will cover the following points:
- What Is Google Helpouts?
- How To Create An Account on Google Helpouts?
- How Helpout Works?
- Advantages of Google Helpout.
1). What is Google Helpouts?
What do you do when you need help over something? You search the internet for the possible solution. Sometimes you get what you were looking for, but in many cases, you are left empty handed. With this new service, Google has created a platform for freelancers to provide their services to help the users with various problems. These problems could vary from confusion in recipe to problems related to mobile and computers.
The users can contact the helpouts provider on live video to get his problem fixed. Google Helpouts is an easy and handy way to get help over live video. Google launched Google Helpouts on Monday 4th November 2013. Udi Manber, Vice President Engineering department Google, said “Most of the world’s useful information still resides in people’s heads.”
Google helpouts has 8 categories:
- Computer & Electionics
- Art & music
- Education & careers
- Fashion & Beauty
- Fitness & Nutrition
- Home & Garden
You can choose from these categories, and start your helpouts.
Things required for Google Helpouts are:
A Google Plus Account
Computer or a smartphone
Here is an introduction video of Helpouts by Google.
2). How To Create An Account on Google Helpouts?
Currently, Google Helpouts are invitations based only. The company sends mail to users for joining this service, but if you want to get the invitation code manually , you can follow the tutorial below.
How to Get Google Helpouts Invitation Code?
Follow these simple steps:
1) Go the the Google Helpout website https://helpouts.google.com
2). Sign in with your Google+ account.
3). Click on the button “Give Your Own Helpouts” as shown in this picture.
4). Now it will ask you for its invitation code. If you have an invitation code enter in the box, else click on “Request invitation Code” as shown in the image below.
3). The site will ask you to choose your Helpouts category and click on submit button.
You are all set. Now you will receive an email from Google Helpouts team with your invitation code. Use the invitation code in the second step, and you are all set to go.
3). How Google Helpouts Works?
Google Helpout simply works by providing live video service to the end user for their problem. It uses the Google hangout chat system and the same for live videos to interact with the users. Below are some of the features included in Google Helpouts.
Features Of Google Helpouts:
- Types of Helpout: You can get a Google helpout instantly, or you can schedule for it. To make it easy, a green light will appear in front of the service provider who are online right now and can provide live helpout. If the helpout provider is busy with some other person for the helpout, it will show a busy status on their profile.
- Scheduling Helpout: If you want to schedule a helpout, you can get a date on helpout calendar with the provider. You can even pick time slot for the helpout. A notification will be sent 5 minutes before the helpout starts. You can get this notification on email or even on your mobile.
- Intenet connection problem: If somehow your internet connection breaks down, you don’t need to worry about it. You will be charged only for the time you are connected. You can even opt for a recording of the helpout, which will be saved on your google drive account.
- Payments: All the payments will be done through Google Wallet, A google money service. How ever if you are providing a free Google helpout, you don’t need a Google Wallet account.
- Refund Policy: If the users are not satisfied with the helpout session, they will get 100% money back guarantee. The money will be refunded asap.
- How will you be charged?: This depends on the helpout provider. The provider can charge per minute, or he/she can charge for the whole helpout session.
Apart from these features you can easily share your favorite helpouts on social networking and social bookmarking websites. Also, you will get many tools during the helpout. You can access you google documents, you can take a picture during the helpouts & allow the helpout provider to access you computer remotely.
4). Advantages of Google Helpouts
Here are some advantages of Google helpouts.
1). For Users: They won’t need to post on different forums and paid services to get help, all they have to do is to search Google helpouts for their problem.
2). For Providers: The same thing can be said for the helpout providers, they don’t need to visit freelance websites in search users. Google helpouts is a dedicated service for such service providers only.
3). It has opened many doors for small business owners to earn money using their skills in their respective industry.
4). Google Helpouts allow service providers to provide their services for free. This can help them get popular and later they can change it into paid service.
In simple words Google Helpout is a hangout with a cause.
Author: Naveen Thakur