Microsoft Office for Android
After releasing office application for iOS devices, Microsoft has released office app for android smartphones. Microsoft optimized its Office Suite for android smartphones. You can now easily access files, view them, edit word, files, create excel sheets and all office stuffs. lets check out what is in the Microsoft office for Android application.
Features of Microsoft Office for Android:
1) You can access document files from anywhere in the world with the help of your android smartphone.
2) You get cloud support. You can store all the documents on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro and Sharepoint.
3) You have freedom to view and edit all the documents in the email messages.
4) Graphics of the application are good. Microsoft word looks pretty good on the smartphone.
5) Microsoft word has been optimized for small screen of the android smartphones.
6) You can easily share the documents from the app alone.
Requirements for Microsoft Office for Android:
- You need to subscribe to Office 365 in order to use this application. You can subscribe form the following offers: Office 365 Home Premium, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4 (Enterprise and Government), Office 365 Education A3 and A4, Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 University, and Office 365 trial subscriptions.
- When you subscribe for Office 365 home premium, you get office version for 5 different PC, mac and tablets. And you also get 20GB of free SkyDrive storage.
- You need to have Android 4.0 or above in order to use this application.
How To Download Office Mobile for Android?
You can download Microsoft Office mobile for android smartphones from google play.
Click Here to download Microsoft Office for android smartphones.
The major drawback is that this application isn’t compatible with many android devices. Unlike iOS devices which run Microsoft office app smoothly. You can’t use this app in android powered tablets. The subscriber part is also a nonstarter.
So overall it is not a good alternative to Libreoffice for android and other free office applications.
Author: Naveen Thakur