Use Google Chrome? Want to capture a screenshot of the websites you visit? Want to send it to someone? No idea how to do it? Well here I have got something for you. Below are 5 chrome extensions for capturing screenshots of the webpages you visit. These Google Chrome extensions will allow you to capture, save and share the screenshots. lets check out these 5 screenshot extensions available at Google chrome web store.
5 Google Chrome Extensions For Capturing Screenshots
These 5 extensions are ranked on the basis of their popularity. 5 the lowest and 1 being the highest.
1). Awesome Screenshot
Awesome Screenshot captures the whole page or any portion on the webpage you select. It also annotates the captures image with rectangles, arrows, circles, lines and texts. It also allows you to blur the sensitive information from that captured screenshot.
To make it even more comfortable for you, it is a one click screenshot extension.
Some of the best features of Awesome Screenshot extensions are:
- By just one-click you can upload the captures screenshot to awesomescreenshot.com and get a link that can be shared on the internet.
- It supports cloud based storage.
- You can Crop and scroll and also Show the crop area dimension of the captured image.
- Awesome Screenshot extension for chrome support almost all image extensions.
2). Webpage & WebCam Screenshot
On the second number we have another free and powerful chrome extension for capturing whole page. you can also edit and Annotate the captured image. This extension is the first of its kind to surface itself on the chrome web store.
Features of Webpage & WebCam Screenshot extension are:
- Webpage & WebCam Screenshot extension is compatible with every webpage and all webcams.
- You can share the captured screenshot to facebook, twitter, gmail, Google drive etc.
- With the help of this extension, you can save captured files in PNG, HD or HTML formats quite easily.
- This chrome extension auto scrolls while it captures the screenshot.
3). LightShot (Screenshot Tool)
On #3 we have LightShot Screenshot Tool extension for google chrome. LightShot is the only plugin on google webstore that takes screenshots of videos, flash files and java applications. This extension can even search for similar images on the image search engines. LightShot supports the following languages Bahasa Indonesia, Deutsch, English, Türkçe, español, italiano, polski, português (Brasil), português (Portugal), română, Ελληνικά, Српски, български, русский, українська, ไทย, 中文 (简体), 日本語.
How LightShot extension works?
You just hit LightShot icon on the chrome toolbar, after that select the area you want to make a screenshot from and save on computer or Upload to server in case you want to share it. In the case of uploading, you will get a link to a screenshot you have just uploaded instantly.
4). Screen Capture (by Google)
Screen Capture extension has been developed by Google inc. This plugin makes it easy to capture visible content of a tab, a particular region of a website and the whole page as a PNG image file. You can also edit your captured image before saving it as an image on your disk or cloud storage. This extension also supports Highlighting, redacting and adding texts in the captured image.
Some features of Screen Capture Extension are:
- It allows Superfast page capturing, especially for large pages.
- Support horizontal scroll for large pages that do not fit in one tab screen horizontally.
- This extension Intelligently detect floating objects on the webpage and avoid repeating capture of the same objects if whole page capture requires scrolling down.
- Screen Capture Works fine on Windows OS, Linux and even Mac.
5). Explain and Send Screenshots
Explain and Send Screenshots has a clean and elegant interface. It requires no special permission from the user to complete its task. you can take a full screenshot of any webpage or website or even upload an image into the cloud servers that you’d like to share or send to someone. If you want to simplify the captures screenshot, you can draw arrows, circles, and lines to point out your matter. You can also move, erase or delete selections or place text right on the captured image.
Some of its cool features are:
- You can directly cut copy paste the image on google drive. It has 100% compatibility with Google Drive.
- This extension respects your privacy and doesn’t ask for security privileges.
- It shares the screenshot without any frames or its name written on the screenshots.
- Available on Windows, Linux and Mac.
Author: Naveen Thakur